maanantai 7. maaliskuuta 2016

TRACER object sketch


Been searching up tons of reference images for my own TRACER game project. If I've learned just one thing from this, it's that art direction is hard work... and very awesome. I've been doing lots of research regarding form language, influences from various time eras and cultures, etc, so that when I actually draw something, I have a general idea of what I want to do. I've realized that this method saves me from a lot of frustration.

Anyway, this picture here is a taste for what's coming... I'm mixing together stuff based on the design guide I've made for myself, without stressing ultimate functionality too much -- the way I see this design phase is that I imagine myself looking into this world and simply observing it, and recording what I see with sketches. Like in real life, I don't have to know an object's functionality inside-out in order to make a study of it. And of course, I can later take that sketch, reverse-engineer it, and re-arrange the components so that it might actually work effectively.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti