perjantai 17. heinäkuuta 2015

Redress


Lines with pen on paper, colors in Photoshop as an afterthought.

Drawing with a ballpoint pen like this is such a trip, when the lines are pretty much constantly 100% black and constantly equal in thickness. Takes 100% commitment with each line. I think that such media naturally steers itself away from photorealistic rendering, and encourages a minimalistic and conceptual approach; an approach where the relationships between different elements are most important, instead of their appearence in isolation. And I believe that the more minimalistic the process gets, the closer one gets to investigate the art's deep universal principles, as surface details get stripped away layer by layer. Perhaps I'll share some of these thoughts in more detail in a future post...

I like it when the practice of drawing takes me on a journey into my brain.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti